Pages

Monday 23 April 2012

Getting to Norway

No pictures yet from me, I’m afraid. Though I’ve been clicking away on my phone camera, I forgot to bring a USB cable with me to upload them; so you’ll have to wait until I get back to Limerick.

We left Limerick yesterday morning around 8 a.m. for Dublin. I took the M7 Express along with Anne O’Dea, the other staff member accompanying the team; while the students were dropped off at Dublin Airport by one of the parents. From Dublin, we first flew to Oslo; then had to go through customs and check-in again for the domestic flight to Bodø. The stopover at Oslo gave us enough time to have a pizza.

At Bodø, another stopover (this time doing a rehearsal of the presentation for this morning), before a short flight in a twin-propeller to Andenes, Andøya Island, Norway – within the Arctic Circle. Although the light was fading (though not completely – the sun hadn’t completely set even by the time we went to bed around one in the morning!), the views from the plane of snow-covered mountains rising from the sea were simply stunning.

Then a quick sandwich before dumping luggage in rooms and last-minute preparation work for today’s presentation and inspection of kits.

Read the students’ POV here.

No comments:

Post a Comment